Maximise code performance with Intel Parallel Studio XE. Develop high-performance parallel code and accelerate workloads across enterprise, cloud, high-performance computing (HPC), and AI applications.
We spoke to Intel’s Head of Software Channel EMEA, Ralph Wargny, about how Intel Parallel Studio XE simplifies the process of creating parallel code.
In simple words, what does the product do?
Intel® Parallel Studio is a suite of developer tools used to develop high-performance code for scientific and enterprise applications, as well as AI and Machine Learning applications, and also gaming and visual applications.
The suite includes a C/C++ compiler, a Fortran compiler, the Intel Python distribution, libraries, and analysis tools to optimize and maximize the applications performance.
It enables software developers to:
- Create faster code: boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel platforms.
- Build code faster: simplify the process of creating parallel code.
- Get priority support: connect directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions.
Who needs this product?
The product is specifically aimed at advanced software developers, HPC and AI developers developing parallel code using C/C++, Fortran and also Python targeted to run on Intel® hardware platforms. Technical compute developers: HPC and AI software developers, domain specialists, students, and educators. Enterprise and cloud application developers: software developers, business analysts, and data analysts.
What’s new in 2020 version?
- Support for the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions.
- Speed up AI inferencing with compilers from Intel, Intel® Performance Libraries, and analysis tools that support Intel® Deep Learning Boost with Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) in 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Develop for large memories of up to 512 GB DIMMs with persistence. Identify, optimize, and tune Intel platforms for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory using Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Support for the HPC cloud helps you take advantage of the AWS* Parallel Cluster* and AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter for low-latency, high-bandwidth communications for MPI applications with the Intel® MPI Library.
- Support for the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++ 2017 support with initial C++20 support
- Full Fortran 2008 and expanded Fortran 2018
- Python 3.7 support
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 integrationSupports an additional operating system: Amazon Linux 2*.
One of the best ways to understand code is to use code, what code samples can help to learn tools in Intel Parallel Studio?
Code samples are included with the software or can be found and downloaded from the Intel Software website.
Code samples can help you learn tools in Intel Parallel Studio XE, plus specific complier optimisations, features, and programming concepts:
- Intel® C++ Complier
- Intel® Fortran Complier
- Intel® Math Kernel Library
- Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler
- Intel® Inspector
How can Intel Parallel Studio XE simplify the process of creating parallel code?
Is it easy to set up?
Yes, a guided installation and setup process comes with the software. You can also find the installation guides online:
Do you offer support?
Connect directly with our engineers for answers to technical questions and get access to older versions of the products for one year.
Can users trial the software?
About the Author
Ralph Wargny is Intel’s Head of Software Channel. Ralph leads sales and marketing for the Intel Software Development products in EMEA through channel and OEM.