A modern IT service management (ITSM) solution to eliminate barriers to employee support services. We spoke to SolarWinds’, EMEA Sales Director, Simon Dollner about SolarWinds – the complete service management platform.
1. Tell us a bit about SolarWinds Service Desk?
SolarWinds® Service Desk is a cloud-based service management solution that includes IT asset management and configuration management database functionality in a single platform.
Built to streamline the way organisations provide support and deliver services to employees, it is a flexible and scalable tool that grows with an organisation.
SolarWinds Service Desk can support companies ranging from small businesses with basic IT ticketing needs to large enterprises with complex IT infrastructure and mature processes.
2. What are the significant benefits of using Service Desk?
- A. Complete Service Management Platform
SolarWinds Service Desk is a complete solution built on ITIL® best practices that helps IT streamline every aspect of service delivery with capabilities such as incident, problem, change, and release management. It also includes IT asset management and configuration management database functionality in a single platform.
- B. Service Desk for the Digital Age
SolarWinds Service Desk increases IT efficiency improves time to resolution, and helps deliver faster, better service to employees with native artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation capabilities.
- C. Improved Employee Engagement
Employees have the flexibility to engage with SolarWinds Service Desk through multiple channels, such as live chat, mobile app, service portal, email, or phone support.
- D. Easy Service Desk to Manage
SolarWinds Service Desk has a cloud-based architecture hosted on Amazon Web Services® (AWS®). This makes it easy to deploy, manage, and scale the solution to meet the needs of various industries and organisation sizes, all without requiring costly and time-consuming upgrades.
3. When talking with your customers, what’s driving the conversation?
- Complete Service Management Platform: SolarWinds Service Desk is built on ITIL® best practices, including Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management, and comes complete with integrated IT Asset Management and Configuration Management.
- Service Desk for the Digital Age: SolarWinds Service Desk can increase IT efficiency with native artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities that help route tickets to the right teams faster and reduce resolution times.
- Easier Service Desk to Manage: SolarWinds Service Desk has a cloud-based architecture hosted on Amazon Web Services® (AWS®). This makes it easy to deploy, manage, and scale the solution to meet the needs of various industries and organisation sizes, all without requiring costly and time-consuming upgrades.
- Rapid Innovation: A modern cloud architecture enables SolarWinds Service Desk to continuously deploy new capabilities and enhancements. This allows SolarWinds to quickly update the solution to meet evolving customer needs and helps ensure that organisations are on the latest version, with no costly and time-consuming upgrades required.
- Improved Employee Engagement: Employees have the flexibility to engage with SolarWinds Service Desk through multiple channels, like live chat and mobile applications, while organisations can help improve their service management processes by managing and measuring agent performance, service level agreements (SLAs), and customer satisfaction trends.
- Greater Visibility into IT Assets: Native integration with SolarWinds Discovery captures more accurate data on IT infrastructure, helping map and manage hardware and software assets via multiple discovery options and integrations with other configuration management solutions.
- Maximize SolarWinds Investments for customers through native integrations with the SolarWinds Orion® Platform and Dameware® Remote Everywhere
4. How do your partners take advantage of this market opportunity?
IT Service Management is a large and growing market that is forecasted to be a $8.5 billion market by 2023,1since it currently has a total addressable market (TAM) of $6 billion and is growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9%. This size reflects the evolution of the IT Service Management (ITSM) market, which is no longer the domain of large enterprises. Businesses of all sizes increasingly depend on technology to achieve optimal levels of productivity and efficiency, and drive business outcomes and success.
SolarWinds is one of the few providers who are positioned to serve the entire IT market, from small businesses to the Fortune 500. Mid-market and smaller businesses are underserved in the space, as existing offerings tend to focus on complex enterprise solutions that require dedicated staff and expensive professional services engagements.
Most IT departments continue to use phone (77%) and email (87%) as their main support channels, but by adopting service desk software they could reduce resolution time by 13%, improving not just IT service efficiency, but also employee productivity.2This is even more pronounced in small and mid-sized businesses. In a SolarWinds survey, IT pros indicated that cost (76%) and ease of use (84%) were the critical, driving factors in the selection of an ITSM offering.3This supports the need for the SolarWinds Service Desk approach to ITSM – powerful, affordable, and easy to use products designed to solve problems the way that IT pros want them solved.
We believe that SolarWinds Service Desk helps serve IT professionals in organisations of all sizes, especially those in underserved areas such as small and mid-sized businesses. Moreover, SolarWinds Service Desk gives the large and expanding SolarWinds customer base of more than 300,000 customers a powerful and affordable ITSM solution that supports the complex and evolving needs of these organisations.
1IDC, Worldwide IT Service Management Software Forecast, 2019-2023, Doc #US44868419, March 2019
2SolarWinds Service Desk customer-base survey (emerging/enterprise) on surveymonkey.com in July 2017; 408 total responses.
3ITSM Survey on THWACK.com of SolarWinds customer base in March 2019; 1753 total responses.
5. What are the top three reasons for customers to speak to QBS Distribution about SolarWinds Service Desk?
SOLARWINDS SERVICE DESK is a Complete Service Management Platform:
- A single platform for service management, IT asset management, configuration management, and much more.
- ITIL-ready service desk complete with Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management capabilities.
- Advanced reporting modules to analyse trends, monitor service quality, and continuously improve service management processes.
With SolarWinds Service Desk, your team can move beyond ticket backlogs and into a streamlined service strategy. IT Asset Management, IT Service Management, ITIL, ITSM, Incident Management, SolarWinds Service Desk, help desk, service desk.
EMEA Sales Director, SolarWinds
Simon has been with SolarWinds for over 13 years, growing and building Channel partners